The Holy month of Ramadan is not like any other month, as it has a special place in Islam. Ramadan is our ideal chance to start over again, to renew your relationship with your Creator and His Holy book (Quran). In addition, Ramadan is an intensive training to help man to beat his tempting self and to gain victory over Satan. Would you like to be among the winners? Would you like to have all your past sins forgiven? If yes, be ready for the Holy month of Ramadan and seize this great chance.
What are the habits of the Prophet Mohammad and his companions in the Holy month of Ramadan?
In the Holy month of Ramadan, the Prophet (peace be upon him) gave special care for the Holy Quran, as he used to recite it every day and night while he was standing, sitting, or lying down on his side. Moreover, Jibril used to visit the Prophet every night and recited the Quran to him. The Muslim scholars came to the conclusion that reciting, understanding, learning the Holy Quran is the best deed that Muslims can do during the month of Ramadan because this was the habit of the Prophet. In addition, the righteous predecessors in Ramadan used to be busy with reciting the Holy Quran and praying the night optional prayers, and reciting long chapters of the Holy Quran. Also when Ramadan was approaching Imam Malek used to end his studying of Hadith, jurisprudence, and focus on studying the Holy Quran.
Why is learning the Holy Quran is considered among the best deeds in Ramadan?
As learning the Holy Quran is considered the best deed that Muslims can do in the Holy month of Ramadan, we should come to know its benefits and graces to take the right step and make the best of Ramadan.
- Abd Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As one of the prophet companions said about learning the Holy Quran (You should learn the Quran and teach it to your children, as you will be asked and rewarded for learning it. In addition, it is sufficient preaching for mindful people)
- Whoever learns the Holy Quran will never go astray, as the Prophet said ” Indeed, I am leaving among you, that which if you hold fast to them, you shall not be misguided after me. One of them is greater than the other: The Book of Allah is a rope extended from the sky to the earth,”
- Whoever recites the Holy Quran will gain a great reward, as the Prophet said ” Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter.”
- Who seeks guidance will surely find it in learning the Holy Quran, Allah said ” a group of jinn listened ˹to the Quran,˺ and said ˹to their fellow jinn˺: ‘Indeed, we have heard a wondrous recitation. It leads to Right Guidance so we believed in it, and we will never associate anyone with our Lord ˹in worship˺.”
- The Holy Quran intercedes for its reciter and its learner.
How does learning the Holy Quran lead to better changes?
- After finishing the recitation of the whole chapters of the Holy Quran, your prayers will be answered. That’s Allah’s promise for Muslims
- Whoever learns the Holy Quran will be overwhelmed with peace and tranquility.
- Learning the Holy Quran will intercede for you in the Hereafter and will be a reason to make you enter paradise.
- Learning the Holy Quran heals your soul.
- The Holy Quran will be a light in the grave of its reciter.
- Learning the Holy Quran will increase your knowledge and broaden your horizons.
Ramadan is the chance to renew our relationship with the Holy Quran, are you ready?
The Holy Quran is like a spring that never runs dry, as it contains All good meanings that lead to happiness in life and in the hereafter. Moreover, in the Holy month of Ramadan, the Holy Quran has extra graces and merits. Ramadan is the month of the Holy Quran and Muslims increase their recitation of the Quran and tend to attend more classes about the beauty of the Quran. In addition, learning the Holy Quran in Ramadan has extra rewards and graces. So it is time now to renew your relationship with the Holy Quran and be more attached to it. How can you do so? Here are some tips to follow:
- Start your day by reciting the Holy Quran.
- Check the meanings of the verses before reciting your part of the Holy Quran, it will make the recitation more effective.
- Ask Allah to help you in learning the Holy Quran and to make it your comfort and Relief.
- Whenever you find free time go and pick your Mus’haf, make the intention, start reciting it and enjoy its meanings.
- Put a good intention that Ramadan will be your first step to change your relationship with the Holy Quran for the better.