Learning the Holy Quran will add great meanings and values to your life. One can’t count the blessings of the Holy Quran, but you will definitely see how it changes you for the better and makes a huge difference in your personality. Learning the Holy Quran is a healing for tired souls and guidance for shattered minds. Learning the Holy Quran and understanding its meanings will fix your flaws as you will realize the reality of life and how to get ready for the hereafter.
The importance of ethics in the Holy Quran:
Whoever wants to fix his soul and have the best ethics should learn the Holy Quran. As the Holy Quran calls Muslims to purify themselves and to do their best to reach the higher state of the best ethics. Allah said ” Surely this Quran guides to what is most upright, and gives good news to the believers—who do good—that they will have a mighty reward.” (17:9)
Learning the Holy Quran will teach you that ethics are not only actions but they are also acts of worship that bring you closer to Allah. In addition, Learning the Holy Quran will teach you the ethics that will show non-Muslims that you are a good guy and it will be the best reflection of Islam’s reality.
The purpose of learning the holy Quran
You should ask yourself every single time why I am learning the Holy Quran, why I am memorizing these verses and what is the point of all this. In fact, learning the Holy Quran is not meant to be only for reward but it is something bigger than that. Allah revealed the Holy Quran to Prophet Muhammed to make a revolution against falsehood deep inside humans’ souls and in societies.
What can you get from learning the Holy Quran?
- Guidance: “This is the Book! There is no doubt about it1—a guide for those mindful ˹of Allah˺”
- Good tidings for Muslims: “Surely this Quran guides to what is most upright, and gives good news to the believers—who do good—that they will have a mighty reward.”
- Prohibition for falsehood: “Say, “My Lord has only forbidden open and secret indecencies, sinfulness, unjust aggression, associating ˹others˺ with Allah ˹in worship˺—a practice He has never authorized—and attributing to Allah what you do not know.”
- Reminder: “˹This is˺ a blessed Book which We have revealed to you ˹O Prophet˺ so that they may contemplate its verses, and people of the reason may be mindful.”
Some good ethics from learning the Holy Quran:
Imagine yourself among the true servants of Allah, what an honor! As Allah has promised whoever has good ethics will be among his true servants and He will overwhelm them with His mercy and His forgiveness. So learning the Holy Quran will show you the qualities of true Muslims and how to apply them in your life.
- “The ˹true˺ servants of the Most Compassionate are those who walk on the earth humbly, and when the foolish address them ˹improperly˺, they only respond with peace.” When you start learning the Holy Quran, you will get to know that being humble is one of the most important ethics Muslims should have. In addition, Prophet Muhammad who is our role model was so humble. Also, the good Muslim should learn from the Holy Quran to avoid dealing with foolish people and if one has to deal, he/she should deal peacefully.
- “They are˺ those who spend ˹a good portion of˺ the night, prostrating themselves and standing before their Lord.”
You will also come to know from learning the Holy Quran that one of the good qualities of a true Muslim is to spend some of the night time praying to Allah. This is one of the acts that make Muslims more close to their creator.
- “They are˺ those who pray, “Our Lord! Keep the punishment of Hell away from us, for its punishment is indeed unrelenting. It is certainly an evil place to settle and reside.” This verse shows that Muslims should pray for Allah to save them from the hellfire.
- “They are˺ those who spend neither wastefully nor stingily, but moderately in between.” This verse guides Muslims to be moderate in spending their money, as money is a blessing from Allah and everyone will be asked for it.
- They are˺ those who do not invoke any other god besides Allah, nor take a ˹human˺ life—made sacred by Allah—except with ˹legal˺ right,1 nor commit fornication. And whoever does ˹any of˺ this will face the penalty. The Holy Quran emphasizes that monotheism is the very essence of Islam and that Muslims can’t take any association with Allah. In addition, Muslims can’t murder or commit fornication.
- “They are˺ those who do not bear false witness, and when they come across falsehood, they pass ˹it˺ by with dignity.” The Holy Quran also teaches us that true Muslims should be honest and truthful and must avoid false witnesses. It also resumes that when Muslim experiences falsehood, he should neglect it and combat it.
- They are˺ those who, when reminded of the revelation of their Lord, do not turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to it. This verse indicates that if Muslims have a chance to be reminded of Allah, they should listen carefully and don’t turn blind or deaf.
- It is they who will be rewarded with ˹elevated˺ mansions ˹in Paradise˺ for their perseverance and will be received with salutations and ˹greetings of˺ peace, staying there forever. What an excellent place to settle and reside! This verse shows the great reward of the true Muslims who will adhere to these ethics and who will learn the Holy Quran to fix themselves.
To sum up, learning the Holy Quran shows you the ethics and the rules that will bring the best version of you. Learning the Holy Quran will enlighten your mind, your soul and will change your weaknesses to Strengths.