Imagine that you are reciting Quran perfectly the same way as the prophet Muhammad and his companions did. What a wonderful feeling! But first, you have to ask yourself what do you need to do so? The only thing you need to do is to hurry up to study Tajweed rules and learn how to apply them while reciting. Let’s figure out the importance of Learning tajweed.
What does tajweed mean?
Tajweed means articulating every letter from its articulation point and giving the letter its rights and dues of characteristics.
Why is learning tajweed so important?
- Undoubtedly, recitation of the Holy Quran is one of the best ways a Muslim can get closer to his Lord.
- Since this book was revealed to Prophet Muhammed in a clear Arabic tongue, it is necessary that your recitation agrees with the manner transmitted from the Messenger of Allah.
- After learning tajweed, you will be able to distinguish between right and wrong recitation.
- You can also make good intentions in learning tajweed by following our role model of the prophet Muhammad and his companions.
- The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’an will be with the honorable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur’an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards.” What an honor to accompany the angels in paradise!
- Umar b. al Khattāb reported God’s messenger as saying, “By this Book God exalts some peoples and lowers others.” Look to the great rank that you are promised to have when you recite Qur’an perfectly.
The history of tajweed:
The rule setter from the practical point of view is the Messenger of Allah because the Quran was revealed to him from Allah, the Almighty, with tajweed. He was instructed on it from the trustworthy Jibreel. He taught it to his companions who then taught it to their followers and so on until it came to us by these chains. The rule setter of the scientific point of view is the scholars of Qur’anic sciences such as Abu Ubaid Al-Qasim bin Salaam.
What is the precept of learning tajweed?
Studying and mastering the rules of tajweed is a collective obligation which means that if some Muslim community must know it. But applying tajweed rules while reciting Qur’an is an individual duty which means that every Muslim should recite Qur’an perfectly with free pronunciation errors.
Reciting Quran perfectly with tajweed has great effects on you:
- Reciting Quran is a real healing for Muslim’s soul and heart, as Allah said “a cure for what is in the hearts, a guide, and a mercy for the believers.” (10:57)
- Reciting Quran strengthens memory and activates brain cells.
- Learning the Quran guarantees success and wits for its learner.
- Reciting Quran helps in achieving spiritual balance.
- It helps in healing some mental illnesses and some kinds of obsessions.
- It helps in getting rid of anxiety and replacing it with tranquility.
In conclusion, the perfect reciter of the Quran is granted a great honor by Allah. As well as it is your duty as a Muslim to master Allah’s words understand them and memorize them by heart. Now it’s your chance to take a step forward and join our tajweed classes with our professional tutors.
Learn more about how we can help you to learn tajweed by following this link https://quranyonline.com/tajweed-rules-course/
2- Tajweed rules of Quran by Kareem Carol.