Have you ever asked yourself why I should learn the Quran? Have you thought before what are the Benefits of learning the Quran you can gain from learning It? If you are seeking a satisfactory answer, just keep on reading this article to get to know the benefits of learning the Quran. learning Quran has lots of benefits and graces and that’s why Muslims should hurry up and keen on learning it. Whoever cares for learning the Quran and teaching it to his/her kids will gain great benefits in life and in the hereafter. So, let’s figure out some benefits of learning it.
Some benefits of learning the Quran in the hereafter:
- If the learner of the Holy Quran puts a good intention while learning it like for example following the model of the Prophet Muhammad and his righteous companions. As the Prophet used to teach the Quran to them after its revelations. Allah the Almighty said ” Indeed, in the Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example for whoever has hope in Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah often.” (33:22)
- When you learn Quran, you are following the righteous ancestors as they always used to put learning Quran first and above all knowledge for its importance for Muslim’s life and hereafter. Imam Abdalbar said that learning and understanding the Holy Quran is the first knowledge Muslims should gain. In addition, Imam Ibn Taymiyyah said that Muslims should start with memorizing Quran as it is the core and essence of Islam.
- Memorizing Quran is one of the special traits and graces that Allah has granted the Muslim nation. From a long time ago, Muslims used to memorize the Quran and teach it to their kids. The Quran is considered the only divine book that never changed as Allah said “It is certainly We Who have revealed the Reminder, and it is certainly We Who will preserve it.” (15:9)
- Whoever decides to learn the Quran is like someone who is making a win-win deal, as None of his/her efforts will go to waste. Because he/she spends his/her time doing a great good deed and one of the best acts of worship to Allah. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “[Whoever recites a letter] from Allah’s Book, then he receives the reward from it, and the reward of ten the like of it. I do not say that Alif Lam Mim is a letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter.”
- The learner of the Quran gains a superior status in life and in the hereafter and also a shield from the hellfire. The Prophet said, ” By this Book, God exalts some peoples and lowers others.” He (peace be upon him) also said “It shall be said – meaning to the one who memorized the Quran – ‘Recite, and rise up, recite (melodiously) as you would recite in the world. For indeed your rank shall be at the last Ayah you recited.”
- Whoever memories the Quran will be granted a great reward and even whoever finds difficulty in reciting it will have a double reward. As the Prophet said ” Such a person who recites the Qur’an and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Qur’an by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.”
- Whoever learns the Quran has the best knowledge of Allah’s commands and His prohibitions. Moreover, he knows what pleases Allah and what displeases Him so this gives him/her the perfect chance to be righteous, pious, and mindful and he/she must gain Allah’s love as He the Almighty said: “Surely Allah loves those who are mindful ˹of Him˺.”
Some benefits in yourself while learning Quran:
Learning the Quran will not only raise your status in the hereafter or an act of worship to Allah to gain paradise but also you can simply realize the Quran’s benefits within yourself. Let’s figure out some of them.
- The one who seeks learning, understanding, and contemplating the Quran in Dunya, Allah grants his limitless feelings of tranquillity and peace of mind. As Allah said ” those who believe and whose hearts find comfort in the remembrance of Allah. Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find comfort.”
- The Quran also teaches you to have strong, authentic opinions, to have self-confidence, and to improve your speaking skills.
- Learning the Quran strengthens your memory and improves your mental skills as your mind and heart are always occupied and attached to the Quran.
To sum up, whoever engages in learning the Quran will gain countless benefits. So don’t hesitate and start right now.